Awesome content, even better software. Just think what our technology could do for you.
APS Celebrates National Payroll Week 2019
Last week, APS celebrated the American Payroll Association’s National Payroll Week (NPW). APS participated as an NPW Supporter to help spread the NPW message, as well as recognize the achievements of our own payroll professionals.
What Is NPW?
National Payroll Week celebrates America’s employees and the payroll professionals who pay them. Together through payroll withholding, we contribute, collect, report, and deposit 70% of the U.S. Treasury’s annual revenue, about $2.4 trillion per year.
It is spearheaded by more than 21,000 members of the American Payroll Association (APA) in partnership with federal and state agencies, NPW National Sponsors, local chambers of commerce, professional tax and human resource associations, and companies across the United States.
Activities During The Week
Everyone had such a great time participating last week! Our APS Jeopardy game was a major hit and encouraged everyone from different departments to get to know one another. Employees’ knowledge was put to the test with questions about APS history, payroll numbers, and recent APS awards. Brandon Dennis, our IT Manager, was the winner of the APS Jeopardy game.
During National Payroll Week, APS also kicked off September’s Employee Advocacy Program with daily employee advocacy challenges. Some of our challenges including posting about our new APS fleeces, sharing APS blog articles, creating payroll-related memes, and celebrating National Fight Procrastination Day.
APS employees used the hashtags #payrollweek, #apspayroll, and #APS to promote their National Payroll Week activities and posts. Check out our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages for pictures and posts of all the fun we had during National Payroll Week.
NPW Fast Facts
- The American Payroll Association founded National Payroll Week in 1996.
- National Payroll Week coincides with the celebration of Labor Day. This special week celebrates the economic, cultural, and social achievements of workers and the significance of “an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.”
- The official slogan for NPW is “America Works Because We’re Working for America®”
- The money that payroll professionals collect from employees’ paychecks through the payroll withholding system is vital to the funding of important government programs that keep America working smoothly such as Medicare, the building of federal highways, social security, the U.S. military, and much more.
- NPW is a national campaign to help America’s workers understand more about their paychecks, the payroll withholding system and other payroll-driven benefits.
- During NPW, local APA chapters and members host presentations to school and civic groups, participate in community service initiatives, and use local media to pass along information to today’s workers and the workers of tomorrow.
Check out more great articles from the APS Blog covering HR, payroll, and everything in between.
Learn about the different reporting methods for 1094-C and 1095-C ACA annual reporting so you can maintain compliance.
In this article, church leaders will learn how to identify payroll and HR technology challenges in their existing systems. They will also learn how to improve their employees’ experience while working for the church by closing those gaps.
In this article, we’ll discuss the 4 benefits of switching to paperless payroll to save you time, money, and eliminate potential errors.
In this article, we’ll explain how to identify common learning types and how you can train your employees in an engaging way.
Preparing for ACA reporting can be an overwhelming task but with the right tools, you can simplify this process and ensure compliance.