APS Recognized as a Top Core HR Solution for Businesses
APS has been named a top 5 best HRIS system by Software Advice, a provider of advisory services, research, and user reviews. APS was chosen out of thousands of products listed in Software Advice’s extensive HR technology directory based on authentic customer feedback. APS is honored to have been recognized for an accomplishment that is a testament to our track record for exemplary customer satisfaction.
You may be wondering what an HRIS system is and if it will fit the needs of your business. In this article, we’ll discuss what an HRIS system is and how Software Advice chose the top 5 list. We’ll also talk about how leveraging tools like this list can make it easier for you to find the right core HR system.
What is an HRIS System?
An HRIS, or human resources information system, allows you to manage the information of your personnel, policies, and procedures online. What sets this type of core HR software apart from others is that it utilizes a centralized database of employee information to drive HR processes. Typical functionality of HRIS solution include:
- Payroll and Tax Compliance: Process payroll using correctly calculated wages and salaries, and manage deductions for taxes and benefits.
- Attendance: Time tracking of employee hours worked, accrual balances, PTO, and manage schedules.
- Benefits Administration: Manage benefits information, track compliance, and allow employees to enroll online.
- Recruiting and Onboarding: Recruit candidates and onboard new employees, with new hire paperwork completed electronically. Many solutions also provide an application tracking system for an all-in-one approach.
- Personnel Tracking: Manage an online employee directory that includes contact information, position details, and personal information.
- Employee Self Service: Provide employees with access to data and functionality like updating personal information, enrolling in benefits, and checking accrual balances. This access is typically available through either a self-service portal or a mobile app for a better employee experience.
If this type of human resource management functionality sounds like what your organization needs, read on to find out how APS was chosen as a top 5 best HRIS system.
How the Top 5 Best HRIS Systems Were Chosen
HR management platforms featured in the top 5 best HRIS systems list are also 2020 Software Advice FrontRunners. Additional vetting criteria used includes:
- Overall product rating above four stars, based on a five-star scale
- More than 500 user reviews on Software Advice
- Each solution offers core HRIS functionality (employee profiles, employee database, and reporting)
According to Software Advice, APS has users covered with workforce management technology and core HR tools that businesses need: employee performance management, benefits administration, employee scheduling, and payroll.
The Importance of Researching HRIS Systems
Researching human resources management systems can be overwhelming. It’s important to have reliable and unbiased information to rely on so you can make an educated decision that’s in the best interest of your business. HR professionals can utilize resources like buyer’s guides and software solutions directories to make this process easier. Leveraging lists like Software Advice’s top 5 best HRIS systems can also create a more efficient research process.
Looking for Your Next HRIS System?
If you’re ready to start looking for a new cloud-based HR solution, it’s important to consider what type of core HR functionality your organization needs. Think through features that not only streamline your existing payroll and HR processes but also allow you to focus on more strategic initiatives like the employee experience.
Once you have determined what type of HR solution is best for your company’s needs, incorporate research sites like Software Advice into your vetting process. This will ensure you don’t get analysis paralysis and can truly focus on making an informed decision that aligns with your business goals.
How APS Can Help
APS is an all-in-one platform that provides the core functionality businesses look for in an HRIS system. We provide a cloud-based system that securely stores and manages employee data from hire to retire. Manage benefits, performance reviews, hiring, and more in a single database.
Our manager and employee self-service solutions also make it easy to delegate task responsibility while maintaining accountability and compliance. With the customer experience in mind, we develop our technology to make HR and payroll tasks easier for our users. To learn how APS can help make your HR and payroll processes easier, give us a call at 855.945.7921.
Let's Make Payroll and HR Easier
See why APS’ award-winning technology and services have earned us a 98% customer retention rate.
Check out more great articles from the APS Blog covering HR, payroll, and everything in between.
HR and finance are more closely connected than you think. In fact, HR and finance collaboration can even improve your company’s bottom line. Find out how!
We’ve put together a list of the biggest HR challenges in the hospitality industry to help HRM professionals navigate them during these unprecedented times.
Church administrators often ask, do churches pay payroll taxes? We explain exactly what churches’ and church employees’ tax obligations are. Find out!
We’ve put together a complete list of the recruitment challenges in the healthcare industry so human resource administrators know what to be on the lookout for.
Here’s how the COVID-19 relief package impacts the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and what you need to know.