Digging into the Workforce Management of Oil and Gas
HR Solutions for Oil and Gas
We understand the importance of managing time tracking, labor distribution reporting, and regulatory compliance. You need HR software and payroll services that streamline your paper-based processes so you can focus on providing quality services.
General Ledger Reporting
Employee Time Tracking
Helpful Features for Managing HR in the Oil and Gas Industries
- Eliminate errors and duplicate data entry with paperless payroll for oil and gas companies.
- Offer your employees paperless-pay options like direct deposit and paycards to reduce your paper and printing costs.
- Process payroll no matter where you work, even in the event of a natural disaster.
- Our SOC 1 Type 2 security protocols ensure your oil and gas company’s data is safe.
- Track and manage all of your oil and gas company’s property assigned to employees for a healthier bottom line.
- Our oil and gas HR software automates the process of tracking equipment like computers, cell phones, company vehicles, and more.
- Assign assets to employees, including the issue date, recovery date, and value.
- Use our intuitive asset management dashboard to assess costs and make more informed decisions.
- Hourly, traveling, and remote employees can clock in and out using GPS tracking for real-time data on where your plant’s staff logs their hours worked.
- Employees can clock in and out on their mobile devices using our self-service payroll software for natural gas companies.
- Create Clock Zones to define specified areas where employees can clock in and out for more accurate time capture.
- View where and when your employees log hours by leveraging mobile punch activity reports.
- Quarterly and end-of-year payroll reports are always available in our secure, cloud-based system.
- Store and track essential employee documents like W-4s, I-9s, and safety certifications to ensure compliance.
- Upload essential company documents and have employees e-sign them for accurate and compliant recordkeeping.
- Documents are never purged for a complete historical record accessible anytime.
Pain Points for Human Resource Management in the Oil and Gas Industries
The biggest pain points that HR departments at oil and gas companies face are managing a multitude of job sites and lengthy recruitment processes. Here’s how we’ve helped drilling contractors, refineries, and other businesses solve these challenges with our software for managing human resources in the oil and gas industry.
Multitude of Job Sites
Oil and gas companies often have a multitude of job sites and office buildings. These job sites are often spread across different states, with thousands of employees at each location. This type of business structure can result in a complex payroll process and challenges in managing different employee types.
Our payroll management software for natural gas companies provides a single-system experience. Process payroll, manage time-off requests, and conduct benefits enrollment for your oil and gas company’s locations and job sites in one system. This approach saves you time and eliminates the need to use multiple systems to complete your tasks.
Our oil and gas workforce management software also streamlines the tracking of multiple job roles and rates of pay. Our employee database management software makes it easy to track and manage employee data, including pay rates, position changes, training courses, and more. This information drives other business workflows in the system, so you’re always working with accurate data. Your oil and gas company can automate time-consuming processes for more efficient workdays.
Lengthy Hiring Process
The oil and gas industry tends to have a very long hiring process. This longer timeline makes recruiting the most qualified employees more challenging and puts a strain on HR admins.
Using recruiting and onboarding software like APS Hire helps the oil and gas companies recruit candidates, track applicants, and hire qualified workers in a centralized location. You’ll save valuable time with a recruiting strategy that allows you to hone in on the most qualified candidates. Then, you can fast-track those applicants based on your oil and gas company’s needs and hire skilled employees for the right positions:
Support Services for Oil and Gas Companies
Everyone in your oil and gas company should have an enjoyable and personalized experience in payroll and HR. With a role-based configuration, each user can make the most out of their workday. When solutions are easy to use, your workforce uses them.
Your dedicated four-person team is available via email, phone, and support requests to answer your questions promptly. You’ll also have access to our Help Center’s articles and videos for learning at your own pace. Our customers also receive lifetime training at no additional cost.
Request Customized HR for Oil and Gas Companies Pricing
Suggested Resources for Oil and Gas
We have informational resources and tools for all your workforce management needs. Check out our handy articles, checklists, eBooks, guides, industry overviews, reports, and white papers with valuable information about Core HR and Payroll.