APS Enhances Payroll and HR Offerings in Spring Release
Shreveport, LA - April 1, 2016 - APS, a leader in cloud-based workforce management solutions and payroll tax compliance services, announces the release of the latest enhancements to its core HR and payroll solutions, as well as additions to reporting and security options.
This release to the APS technology platform advances the company’s mission to provide customers with a unified cloud experience encompassing core HR, payroll, time & attendance, and ACA compliance management tools.
Payroll Review provides greater visibility into net payroll totals before processing. This enhancement allows for greater control over how gross to net is calculated and the ability to correct any errors prior to payroll processing. APS completely reconfigured its back-end system for a timely and flexible experience when using Payroll Review. For example, a payroll review for a 3,000 employee company can be generated in 30 seconds.
Payroll Review Screen in the Payroll Console of APS OnLine
Payroll Review provides the power to correct more errors prior to payroll submission with the ability to view:
- Gross and net totals for the entire payroll
- Employee deduction amounts
- Gross and net totals for individual checks
- Potential payroll errors such as suspended accruals and unpaid deductions
When reviewing a payroll, individual checks may be expanded to see the details for that employee. There is also the flexibility to search, filter, and sort by:
- Employee name or number
- Hours, gross amount, taxes, deductions, match amounts, and net amounts
- Checks with potential errors
Enhanced Employee Record Views
Employee records views offer more flexibility than ever before with more employee information in the employee record:
- Users see current benefit enrollments for a more consolidated view of an employee’s benefits.
Benefits Tab View in the Employee Record of APS OnLine
- Users see year-to-date totals for a comprehensive view of an employee’s incomes, deductions, taxes, and company paid benefits for a selected year.
YTD Totals Tab View in the Employee Record of APS OnLine
The updated security options available in the HR Console provide better control of what type confidential information is seen on a user by user basis. The options allow administrative users to determine what individual menu items in the HR Console are available to standard users.
Additional HR Security Options in APS OnLine
The Accruals report now displays more detailed information about employee accruals for a more accurate picture of an employee’s accrual bank balance:
- Current accrual bank balance per employee
- Hours accrued during the specified time period
- Hours that could have been accrued if there is a maximum number of allowed banked hours each month
The new eSignature report provides statuses for company documents requiring eSignature, including:
- Dates and IP addresses for eSignatures received
- Employees who have not yet signed company documents in Document Management
eSignature Report in APS OnLine
This new report allows admin users to easily keep track of signed company documents and creates accountability among employees to maintain compliance.
APS has three new dashboard tiles for more visibility into real-time company information:
- The Daily Employee Stats tile shows an instant view of employee hires, terminations, birthdays, and anniversaries to continuously stay informed about changes in the workforce.
Daily Employee Stats Tile in APS OnLine
- The Today’s Attendance tile displays how many employees are clocked in, out, or on break for an instant view of employees’ statuses. Click on each alert to drill down into employee status details in the Time & Attendance Console.
Today’s Attendance Tile in APS OnLine
- The Payroll Alerts tile shows counts for suspended accruals and incomes or deductions that are starting or ending. Click on each alert to quickly view specific employee payroll details in the Report Manager.
Payroll Alerts Tile in APS OnLine
APS is a national cloud-based HR solution provider and online payroll company committed to delivering value through flexible cloud technology and individualized support. Our cloud-based HR solution provides online payroll services, core HR, time & attendance, self-service, ACA reporting and compliance tools, and mobile in a single platform which can adapt to meet changing needs of companies in a wide range of industries.
APS is headquartered in Shreveport, Louisiana. For more information, please visit www.apspayroll.com or call 855-945-7921.
The intellectual property contained in our sites is protected under federal copyright law. APS trademarks may only be used publicly with permission from APS.