Awesome content, even better software. Just think what our technology could do for you.
APS Named FrontRunner For Payroll Software
APS has ranked in the top 25 payroll software companies out of 250 and has been named as a FrontRunner for Payroll by Software Advice, a provider of advisory services, research, and user reviews. Software Advice uses reviews from real software users to highlight the top-rated Payroll Software products in North America, and APS is honored to have been recognized for the third year in a row.
FrontRunner’s Methodology For Payroll
Companies must meet these requirements to be considered a Payroll FrontRunner:
- Be a stand-alone payroll software product
- Offer payroll management, tax compliance, and payroll reporting as software features.
Understanding the Graph & Scoring
The FrontRunners methodology calculates a score based on usability and customer satisfaction ratings from published user reviews for products. As you can see, APS has high scores for both usability and customer satisfaction, balancing the customer’s need for easy-to-use technology backed by top-rated service.
APS originally started as a Pacesetter in 2017 and quickly rose to a FrontRunner for Payroll in 2018. Since then, we have maintained our position because of our dedication to creating an optimal customer experience. Our continued commitment to providing the best customer service possible coupled with developing intuitive technology for mid-sized companies is what differentiates APS in the market.
The Benefits Of An Online Payroll Service Like APS
Now that payroll software is more web-based and employee portals are becoming more popular across multiple industries, looking for an effective payroll solution is essential. The benefits of using payroll software such as APS for mid-sized companies have become apparent and, in many cases, necessary for the operations of any company transitioning into a largely remote workforce.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using an online system to run payroll:
- Eliminate Manual Processes: With self-service and mobile app capabilities, business owners can offload manual processes like health benefit selections to employees. This saves time for managers and gives employees autonomy to make these manual adjustments themselves.
- Increased Data Accuracy: When payroll and attendance data are housed in the same platform, data isn’t shuffled around between systems. Information is centrally located and controlled, making the data you have more accurate and accessible.
- Efficient Reporting: Because data is more accurate, reporting can be conducted more efficiently. Easily-generated workforce reports save payroll admins and accounting teams valuable time.
9 BENEFITS OF OUTSOURCING PAYROLL
You don’t have to shoulder the burden of processing payroll alone. Download this handy guide to see the benefits of outsourcing payroll services.
These benefits don’t apply to just payroll processes - human resources can also benefit from utilizing an all-in-one system. In a single pay period, an all-in-one payroll and HR solution can help automate the following workflows:
- HR Benefits Administration: Open enrollment, carrier connections, and COBRA administration are automated into a seamless solution to reduce paperwork and ensure compliance.
- Time and Attendance Tracking: Payroll and attendance data are housed in the same database, eliminating duplicate data entry and potential errors.
- Social Security and Medicare Tracking: An automated system deducts the correct amount of taxes each payroll period without manual calculations.
- Federal, State, Local Tax Withholdings, and Compliance: With a team of tax compliance experts, tax tables are updated automatically. Payroll tax filings and payments are made accurately and on-time, reducing risk.
How To Use This Information Moving Forward
When it comes to paying employees, a cloud-based system is the easiest way to go. Evaluating solutions with high rankings from platforms like Software Advice is a good place to start if you’re looking to outsource payroll or looking for a new provider.
Use what you’ve learned from this article to determine if outsourcing your payroll is a smart strategy for your organization and measure the benefits against the risks. If you already outsource, use the criteria from Software Advice to determine if your current provider is FrontRunner material. As the workforce landscape has become increasingly remote, now is the time to consider online and cloud-based alternatives.
How APS Can Help
APS has been providing superior payroll, tax compliance, and HR services to customers in the United States since 1996. We offer multiple solutions to help with your year-end processing, including W-2s, 1099s, payroll taxes, and ACA reporting.
Since APS is designed as one system, we deliver a client experience that is highly rated for usability, ease of use, and adoption. APS is rated Best Usability and Easiest to Use on G2 by authentic system users and we are a Shortlister Top Payroll provider. Our adoption rate is 91% compared to an industry average of 85% because our mission is to make payroll and HR easier for our customers.
For more information, please visit www.apspayroll.com or call 855-945-7921.
FrontRunners constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Software Advice or its affiliates.
The FrontRunners badge is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. FrontRunners constitute the subjective opinions of individual end user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Software Advice or its affiliates.
The APS Experience
Check out more great articles from the APS Blog covering HR, payroll, and everything in between.
Find out the difference between a W-2 and 1099, including what they are, who gets them, and how reporting responsibilities vary for businesses that use them.
Let’s discuss what HR recruitment software is and how you can utilize HR recruiting solutions to improve your hiring process.
Wondering why the gross payment amount on your W-2 vs your last payment stub is different? We explain why they’re different and what it means. Learn more.
Learn how to choose a restaurant payroll provider, so you make an informed purchase that benefits your business.
In this article, we’ll discuss the 4 ways to manage holiday time off so you can keep your staff informed and incentivized this holiday.